Frequently Asked Questions
Night Vision Devices (formerly known as Night Vision Depot) is a premier manufacturer of night vision systems. We use only high quality American Made Generation III Image Intensifiers in all of our systems. Most of the systems we manufacture use full MIL SPEC components and are the same versions fielded by the US Dept of Defense.
Night Vision Devices is one of the largest stocking distributors and manufacturers of night vision systems, image intensifiers and parts. We carry parts in stock for almost every major night vision system ever fielded by the US Military.
Night Vision Devices provides customers with honest and reliable information, quality products and services at the best prices available. Our highly experienced sales team and well rounded product line ensure that our customers purchase the system which will be most useful in fulfilling their requirements.
ISO 9001 is a quality standard maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and is administered by accreditation and certification bodies like PRI Registrar. The rules are updated periodically to accommodate changes in the business environment. Some of the requirements include:
• Procedures that cover all key practices in the business
• Monitoring those procedures to ensure effectiveness
• Keeping adequate records
• Checking output for defects, and implementing corrective actions as needed to Prevent recurrence if defects are found
• Periodic review of the overall quality management system and the processes within the system to measure effectiveness
• Implementing a continuous improvement program
Night Vision Devices, Inc. is pleased to announce it has been awarded the ISO 9001:2015 Management System certificate by the Performance Review Institute Registrar in Warrendale, Pennsylvania. This certificate validates the company’s level of performance for the Design, Manufacture, Sales and Servicing of Night Vision and Thermal Devices.
– PoliceOne.com We highly recommend PoliceOne’s online grant assistance. There is a detailed list of all grants available through product categories and their due dates.
To help prevent fraudulent orders we ask that you provide a copy of your Driver’s License, or other identifying documents, along with a signed copy of the End User Statement. If the requested information is not provided within 3 business days then the order will be cancelled. We appreciate your support and cooperation in this matter.
All shipments are sent with UPS Signature Required. Please ensure someone is available to receive package.
NVD Warranty Statement
- Subject to the conditions hereinafter stated, NVD warrants that at the time of delivery to the carrier, all items will be free from defects in material and workmanship.
- NVD’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to (1) repairing, or (2) replacing at its factory or (3) allowing an equitable credit for any item, which upon inspection and in the judgment of NVD, is defective in material or in workmanship, provided that NVD is notified of any such defect or nonconformance within warranty period applicable to the item(s) purchased.
- No item will be accepted for repair, replacement or credit adjustment without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, issued by NVD. To obtain an RMA and shipping instructions please contact our service department by either phone (610) 395-9743 or email at email@example.com. Upon receipt of authorization, and only in accordance with instructions of NVD, items for which adjustment, evaluation, or repair is requested shall be returned to NVD for examination with all shipping charges prepaid by the Buyer. Such items shall be packed in the original shipping container or in a manner substantially equal to the original packing used by NVD or NVD’s dealer or distributor. The return package shall include a copy of the RMA number, contact information, and a brief description of the reason for return. Failure to include the documentation or to
package correctly may void this warranty. If such items, after examination by NVD, are found to be defective, the credit will be allowed for reasonable shipping charges paid by the Buyer.
- IN THE EVENT THAT THE ITEM APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN DAMAGED IN TRANSIT, NVD SHALL NOTIFY BUYER IN A TIMELY MANNER PERMITTING THE BUYER TO FILE A CLAIM AGAINST THE CARRIER.
- In the event that, pursuant to paragraph (2) above, NVD elects not to repair or replace any such defective item, NVD will refund the purchase price and NVD shall have no further obligation hereunder with respect to the defective item.
- This warranty does not extend to any item which has been subject to misuse, neglect, accident, operation outside of the item’s maximum/minimum ratings, incorrect wiring, improper application or installation, use in violation of instructions furnished by NVD, or has had its serial number or any part thereof altered, defaced or removed. Returned items, which are found by NVD to be within original product specifications, will be subject to a handling charge of 10% of the original purchase price billable to the Buyer.
- NVD will be permitted upon request to observe Buyer’s incoming inspection testing procedures at any time that is mutually acceptable
- Except as to title, NVD’s liability arising out of the supplying or use of these items, whether or not within warranty, shall not in any case exceed the limitations herein stated nor shall NVD be liable for any general, special or consequential damages for any loss, damage or expense directly or indirectly arising from the use or inability to use the items, or any inability to use them either separately or in combination with any other equipment, or from any other cause. THE WARRANTY HEREIN PROVIDED FOR SHALL BE BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE
Expressed Specific Product Warranties
- Parts: All new parts are covered under the above listed warranty conditions for one year after the date of sale.
- Image Intensifiers: All new Elbit image intensifiers sold by NVD are covered under the above listed warranty conditions for one (1) year after the date of sale. All new L3 Harris image intensifiers sold by NVD are covered under the above listed warranty conditions for two (2) years after the date of sale. All new Photonis image intensifiers sold by NVD are covered under the above listed warranty conditions for one (1) year after the date of sale.
- NVD Systems: Unless otherwise expressed, the following NVD manufactured systems sold by NVD are covered under the
above listed warranty conditions for the following time period: The NVD-PVS-14, NVD-PVS-7, and all models of the NVD-BNVD series will have a ten year warranty after the date of sale; The NVD-740/760 will have a two year warranty after the date of sale.
- Other Systems: Unless otherwise expressed, all new systems sold by NVD, which are manufactured by other companies, are covered by the manufacturer’s original warranty. Specific manufacturer’s warranty periods for those products are listed either on NVD’s product literature sheets or on that product’s web page located at www.nvdevices.com.
We accept all major credit cards, Paypal, as well as checks. With a check there will be a week time period for bank clearance.
In Generation II and III systems, the objective lens collects minute particles of light (called photons) that you cannot see with your naked eye and focuses then on the image intensifier. Inside the image intensifier tube, a photocathode absorbs this light energy and converts it into electrons. These electrons are then drawn through the micro channel plate that multiplies them thousands of times. When this highly intensified electron image strikes the phosphor screen, it causes the screen to emit light that you see. Since the phosphor screen emits this light in exactly the same pattern and degrees of intensity as the light that is collected by the objective lens, the bright night time image you see in the eyepiece corresponds precisely to the outside scene you are viewing.
Performance is the most important factor in night vision capabilities. Will a particular device allow you to see objects in near complete darkness? Night vision equipment offered by Night Vision Devices, Inc. will provide high quality images under extremely low light conditions such as cloudy, no moon nights. There are several terms used to compare the qualities of one tube to another. These specifications, such as Resolution, Signal-to-noise, and Photocathode Response will determine how well a system will perform in these adverse conditions.
Thermal imaging systems, also called infrared cameras, detect the heat given off by an object or person and display the difference in white hot, black hot or color variations. Because different materials absorb and radiate thermal energy at different rates, an area that we think of as being one temperature is actually a mosaic of subtly different temperatures. So a person, warmer than the surrounding air, appears “white” while the cooler surrounding air or buildings will appear in varying shades of gray.
The infrared energy is scanned by a phased array of infrared-detector elements (microbolometers), which detect changes in temperature. The detector elements create a very detailed temperature pattern called a thermogram. It only takes about one-thirtieth of a second for the detector array to obtain the temperature information to make the thermogram. This information is obtained from several thousand points in the field of view of the infrared detector. The thermogram created by the detector elements is translated into electric impulses. The impulses are sent to a signal-processing unit, a circuit board with a dedicated chip that translates the information from the elements into data for the display. The signal-processing unit sends the information to the display, where it appears as various colors depending on the intensity of the infrared emission.
Unlike traditional night-vision equipment, which uses image-enhancement technology, thermal imaging is great for detecting people or working in near-absolute darkness with little or no ambient lighting (i.e. stars, moonlight, etc,). It can display heat on a car that was just driven amongst others that were parked for some time.